Event Store is a rapidly expanding Open Source Software Database company with offices across the world, embarking on an exciting growth journey to revolutionize how modern distributed systems are built.
The users of Event Store products and services are software architects, senior developers, and operators who strive to build and maintain world-class software applications. Event Store is poised to become a leading database technology for modern distributed applications and these architects, developers, and operators require a high performing database to leverage for their applications.
We are looking for a strong Senior Site Reliability Engineer to help manage Event Store’s multi-cloud provisioning platform. The location for this role is remote or could be at Event Store’s Austin Texas U.S.A, Bath U.K., or The Hague Netherlands office. It is important to have significant overlap with the U.S. Central time zone.
- You will work as part of a team dedicated to the management of the Event Store Cloud platform, and customer provisioned systems to AWS, Azure, and GCP
- A significant focus of the position will be ensuring availability of provisioned product services in a 24/7 environment
- Implementing new business functionality, automating routine tasks and working to improve systems reliability
- Working across core infrastructure components i.e. middleware, databases
- Managing services across AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud platforms
- Go expertise required
- Rust experience preferred
- Distributed database/systems expertise required
- Experience working in team environments and providing guidance and support to others in the team
- Excellent experience supporting services, ensuring they are running reliably, and automating tasks to improve efficiency
- Experience working in DevOps environments with automated CI / CD
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure as Code
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP V4 and V6 networks and multi-cloud VPN and network topologies
- SQL proficiency with either Postgres or Cockroach databases
- At least three years of experience in programming languages such as Go and Rust
- At least two years of experience automating production solutions with Terraform or Pulumi
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development, and system engineering
- Skilled at working in a remote environment, in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace
Interested in applying for this role?
Download job description
Send us your CV