Event Store is a rapidly expanding Open Source Software Database company with offices across the world, embarking on an exciting growth journey to revolutionize how modern distributed systems are built.
The users of Event Store products and services are software architects, senior developers, and operators who strive to build and maintain world-class software applications. Event Store is poised to become a leading database technology for modern distributed applications and these architects, developers, and operators require a high performing managed cloud database to leverage for their applications.
We are looking for a strong Principal Cloud Engineer to lead the technical design and implementation of Event Store Cloud and associated products. This location for this role is remote or could be at Event Store’s Austin Texas U.S.A, Bath U.K., or The Hague Netherlands office. It is important to have significant overlap with U.S. Central timezone.
- Design and implementation of the Event Store Cloud Platform
- Design and implementation of products offered via Event Store Cloud
- Go expertise required
- Java expertise preferred
- Rust experience preferred
- .Net/C# experience preferred
- Distributed database/systems expertise required
- SOA architecture experience preferred
- Streaming data systems experience required
- Networking experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of related experience required
- Six years’ experience in developing software using languages such as Go, Rust, Java and C#
- Three to five years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development, and system engineering
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices
- Skilled at working in a remote environment, in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required
Interested in applying for this role?
Download job description
Send us your CV