Event Store is a rapidly expanding Open Source Software Database company based in Bath, England but with offices across the world, embarking on an exciting growth journey after significant recent investment in new product and people.
The Office Manager Role
We’re looking for a dynamic, highly personable, opportunity-driven, and resourceful Office Manager to work at our offices in Mauritius.
You’ll be a key partner to essentially ensuring the smooth running of the office on a day-to-day basis. Salary dependent on experience.
- Fitting out new office with fixtures, fittings et al
- Managing day to day running of the office
- Managing recruitment processes
- Establishing strong links with the University of Mauritius
- Building collaboration between Event Store employees, Faculty members and Students
- Managing Intern programme
- Ensuring utilities etc. are paid
- Organizing meetings
- Booking transport and accommodation
- Organizing company events or conferences
- Tracking Staff holidays, sickness etc.
- Organizing induction programmes for new employees
- Ensuring that health and safety policies are up to date and communicated to the team
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems, reviewing and approving supply requisitions, and assigning and monitoring clerical functions
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following
- Outstanding command of the English Language - written and spoken. You will be able to articulate with superb skills, both over the phone and via email.
- Min. 2- 3 years’ experience in an Office Manager role
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Comfortable with Google Apps (Gmail, docs, sheet, calendars)
- Confident and proactive team player. You will also be self-motivated and able to think on your feet when dealing with customers
- Resourceful, sharp, friendly, quick-thinking and empathetic should be some of the adjectives used to describe you.
- Proven collaborator and team player who can easily liaise with different levels and departments both externally with customers and within Event Store
- Good interpersonal and time management skills
- Reliability and discretion: you will often learn of confidential matters
- Problem solving skills
- Budgeting skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience in working within Database / Software / IT Consultancy industries ideal
- Having work experience in a tech start-up is a plus
Interested in applying for this role?
Download job description
Send us your CV