Event Store is a rapidly expanding Open Source Software Database company based in Bath, England with offices across the world, embarking on an exciting growth journey to revolutionize how modern distributed systems are built.
Being a technical product with a strong, motivated global community of developers we believe in an education based approach to marketing. The buyers of Event Store products and services are software architects and senior developers who strive to build world class software applications. Event Store is poised to become a leading database technology for modern distributed applications and these architects and developers want to know about it, where it fits in, and how to build and operate systems leverage Event Store successfully.
As Head of Marketing for Event Store you will be responsible for Event Store’s education based marketing strategy and its implementation. Ultimately the success of this is measured in a strong pipeline of prospects for Event Store’s products and services.
The Head of Marketing role
We’re looking for a Head of Marketing with capability across the full marketing mix and who’s been successful in specialised technology markets. We have a strong and authoritative brand in our space, and there is huge opportunity for developing our marketing strategies further, using digital channels, training and event channels, among others.
Working closely with the Senior Management team, you’ll develop a comprehensive marketing plan to support our growth with a strong focus on extending the global awareness of Event Store and generating a strong prospect pipeline.
Alongside your creative ability and eye for detail, you will be highly organised, capable of managing multiple campaigns, projects and initiatives at once, as well as providing detailed reporting on performance against strategy.
This is a strategic position within the business, but still maintains a strong, hand-on capability; your drive, passion and strategic insight will be a crucial part of the development and growth of the business.
- Develop and execute the strategic marketing plan
- Generate qualified leads for the sales team
- Analyse all marketing activity to ensure success and value for money, suggest and implement changes where data supports
- Develop and maintain the brand based on current value proposition
- Creation, delivery and assessment of marketing campaigns to target markets and audiences
- Working with the digital marketing manager on digital channels, ensuring tight integration with the wider marketing plan
- Creative development of promotional materials, website content, advertisements and other marketing related projects
- Work alongside the sales team to identify target markets, ideal customers and key messages. Develop and deliver supporting marketing activity to support acquisition of new Prospects/Clients
- Creation and management of marketing database
- Collaborate with third party agencies to deliver appropriate market material, negotiate rates and ensure quality of delivery
- Be internal advocate for Event Store brand and culture
- Analyse current market trends and report on what our competitors are doing to feed into our product development backlog
- Help to create a consistent brand not just across our marketing material but also our product UI and design
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following
- Will need to be both strategic and hands on
- Proven experience within a technology/software business
- A strong focus on lead generation and sales enablement activity
- Experience of managing marketing campaigns within appropriate tool sets
- Can demonstrate successful campaigns delivered through all communications channels
- Ability to deliver growth against KPI’s through optimised marketing strategy
- A full understanding of how these activities generate both user and customer growth
- Self-starter who can manage own work load in a productive way
Interested in applying for this role?
Download job description