Event Store is a rapidly expanding Open Source Software Database company headquartered in Bath, England with offices across the world, embarking on an exciting growth journey to revolutionize how modern distributed systems are built.
Being a technical product with a strong, motivated global community of developers we believe in an education-based approach to content. The users of Event Store products and services are software architects and senior developers who strive to build world-class software applications. Event Store is poised to become a leading database technology for modern distributed applications and these architects and developers want to know about it, where it fits in, and how to build and operate systems to leverage Event Store successfully.
We are looking for an experienced Content Manager to join our team in Bath, Netherlands, or US.
As Content Manager for Event Store, you will be responsible for curating, commissioning, and publishing a broad range of content for Event Store. Your duties will also include sharing content to raise brand awareness and monitoring web traffic and metrics to identify best practices. Ultimately the success of this role is measured by generating an increasing amount of traffic to the Event Store website, and ensuring that our users have appropriate content every step of the customer journey.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills. As a Content Manager, you should perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented. If you are also an expert in content optimization and brand consistency, we would like to meet you.
Event Store is a technical product; while it is not our expectation the Content Manager will be highly technical, communicating technical concepts shouldn’t scare you!
Ultimately, you should be able to oversee all content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency, and a positive customer experience.
- Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term goals
- Collaborate with marketing, design and product teams to plan and develop site content, style, and layout
- Create and publish engaging content
- Edit, proofread and improve writers’ posts
- Liaise with content writers to ensure brand consistency
- Optimize content according to SEO principles
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Develop an editorial calendar and ensure content team is on board
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- Proven work experience as a Content Manager
- Hands-on experience with MS Office or GSuite
- Good working understanding of Google Analytics
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with social media
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Experience in working within Database / Software / IT Consultancy industries ideal
- Having work experience in a tech start-up is a plus
Interested in applying for this role?
Download job description
Send us your CV